Saturday, April 4, 2009

Christ reminds us always...

This coming week will remind us again of the passion of Christ......I remember when I was in grade school at the start of the Lenten season I would always open the bible and read about the passion of Christ.....I remember my Mom and my Lola would not allow us to play during holy fridays.....We're not even allowed to listen to the radio......We can only hear the "pabasa" or it's like a recitation of how Christ suffered and came back to life during his passion.....Now only a few would follow the old tradition of sacrificing during lent.....It's because of our modern views on religion, traditions etc.....Although we still have the pabasa.....yet it's becoming more of a feast than a sacrifice.....It's even harder to teach the youth now on Christian values because of the complexities of things around them......Yes we remember Christ' passion yet to humanize individuals or be Christlike is not an easy thing to do for us now.....It's now more on focusing on becoming successful only to fulfill our ambitions but not to help our neighbors and be good Christians.....Isn't it that let's say if I become a lawyer, should I say I want to be a lawyer because I could be famous and rich.....whereas it should be I want to help those poor who cannot defend themselves.....Even I as a teacher though I may have a mission.....still I sin every now and then and also have my share of weaknesses.....We can't be perfect could we?.....God knows that we find it so difficult not to sin that is why He chose to die for us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment