Tuesday, December 11, 2007

An Unforgettable Journey

Hello again my dear readers....let's be sentimental for a while... Why not talk about a little of my colorful past.....I wanna share this article I wrote when I was about to enter college.....


The Stranger That I Have Loved


It was a quiet afternoon...I was lying on the floor, eyes glued on our TV set ... The movie was like I would describe it then as a "silent picture". Although I wouldn't understand any word from it, how i'd loved to see those movements, especially hers. There she was a beautiful woman with expressive eyes, whose expressive eyes had touched my heart…. And I told my self, at a very young age I had known when and how to feel fondness even to a stranger…. But like a little girl who had outgrown a toy, the fondness that she left from me suddenly vanished.


Years had passed, changes have come and gone. With sad and happy experiences I would say I had matured much since that "quiet afternoon". Life then it seems to me was more colorful, more dramatic, added to my own more matured attitude. And it must be true that life is like a ferris wheel coz I saw this stranger again...Seeing her again was more of a sad experience though... .......I couldn't believe that this woman who had captured my heart in the past died in a drowning accident. The news was on TV and it was also there where I first loved her.... I remember some lines in the poem that I wrote for her.....


"What in the world did I know about her?
All I knew was she married twice her lover
And even though I was a young fourth grader
I knew then that love still lasts forever...


This woman after all was not just a stranger to me...She turned out to be a model, an inspiration, and most of all,...a friend....a friend who taught me how to love and be loved and all the things she fought for will always remain in my heart forever........


DEDICATED TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAD SUFFERED FROM SCANDALS, SHAME, PREJUDICE IN THIS WORLD....and to the late NATALIE WOOD...may she rest in peace....

No comments:

Post a Comment