Friday, February 6, 2009

Appreciating love....

I had a meeting with our students' parents today. I appreciate their mere presence in school during the meeting. They really wanted to see how their kids fare in school. Some parents were not around and I understand why. Most of them are working parents and they just send representatives for them. Although maybe some were working parents yet they try to find some time to attend the meeting knowing how important it is to show support to our children.

It does count to our kids when we attend such meetings for their sake. Once when we were camping I heard one of my students saying, "My parents do not really care about me... they were too busy to even visit me in this camp. Their mind is on our business always I don't think they even care about me"....Of course it isn't true. I knew those parents she mentioned. I knew how they work hard for their children just to send them to school. Their children had been my former students as well and they had shown support to them before.  Maybe this one who joined the camp was at that time passing through what we call puberty stage. I really noticed some changes in her then. She felt she isn't loved because her peers get things she couldn't get from her parents.  At that time she couldn't understand her parents situation and that they need to earn a living for them. She is actually just like some students who would easily rebel against their parents without even thinking about the hardships or sacrifices their parents had done for them. I guess peer pressure is another factor to consider when we rebel against our parents.....

So during the meeting with parents I asked them to show concern and love to their children but make sure that their children will appreciate that love given to them....Make sure that your children remain respectful of you coz it isn't enough that we provide them love but we should also teach them the value of appreciating that love we share with them....What love was it then?....It should be true love....true concern....Let us not spoil our children....because when they could no longer get what they wanted all those sacrifices and love that we had provided them will just be in vain..


6 comments:

  1. very nice post!

    every time I come across your blog, I am always reminded that the world still has people who care, sympathize, and love. spread the word!

    anyway, I wonder what do these codes 2895878655_f3ff5a5aca
    2895878655_f3ff5a5aca mean?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What you are telling the parentsto dois exactly what is needed - appreciation and gratitude should be an integral part of teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @leoj..thank you so much..hope i could help others in my own little ways..

    those codes are supposed to be from an image i had to insert in this post but i had edited it now^^


    @serendipity hopeful..yes and when parents provide love to their kids it will never be wasted..i think children are grateful about that^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi sollee, you've just been tagged with love! Come & join me in the Valentine's Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice post sollee... i could identify with those kids since i almost rebeled when i was in my early teen years... i was a spoiled kid then and i was really mean to our helpers... i guess i changed a little when my parents sent me to a convent school (imagine not being able to go out and having no TV!)... but i really really became a better person when i got married... lucky me i found a wonderful person for a husband...

    Happy Valentine's Day!

    p.s. i think you're such a wonderful teacher that i hope you won't leave the philippines, but if you do someday i'm pretty sure it's not because of things you can really control

    ReplyDelete
  6. @jean...it's my pleasure...

    @betchay..Thank you so much..and your husband and your son are so very lucky to have you as well..I also wanna say that I feel your sincerity as a person..and that I learn lots of things from you..that's why I love reading your blog..Again, thank you my friend^^

    ReplyDelete