Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Forever Grateful



We are what we are today because of some people who had shaped our lives and helped us fulfill our dreams. I for one is fortunate to have been blessed with loving and generous souls.


I want to thank God for giving me loving parents a daughter or a son could have, and for giving me someone who I consider very special for she gave me unconditional love.


It happened one day, considering then that she isn't a relative or a close family friend but just a concerned neighbor of ours, when she asked my parents permission to help me financially in my studies and let no one know about it except my family. They told her she was most welcome and made them the happiest parents on earth.


We were then financially unstable because of my late father's disease and my parents too much generosity.They could have been financially stable back then coz my father had a really good and worthy job but he chose not to be coz like I've said he was too generous and loving that he never in his entire life saved for himself but gave all that he had to his relatives, to the needy, and his own family.


He was very hospitable that even when he was already sick, whenever someone visited him he made sure that the person would leave with a pot of roses or flowers with them (he was a lover of plants)as a gesture for visiting him coz we couldn't give food or money anymore to those who usually visit us as we used to do back when we were still stable.


My beloved benefactor probably had known my family's generosity that she chose me as one of her beneficiaries in her long list of philantrophic acts.


During my four years in college almost all my needs were provided by her. She didn't ask us to repay her rather told me to do to others what she did for me, and I did in my own humble way.


She was awesome, wonderful, one in a million.


Two days ago I had a long conversation with her. She's still the same person I had known years ago but much older now. No matter how old she is I still love talking to her. She remains selfless and generous as ever. I just hope I had made her proud of me coz I feel l have a long way to go to do what she had done for me.


To you Ima I am forever grateful and I love you...

2 comments:

  1. Awww... Our lives are replete with blessings. They came in different names and packages, but still they're blessings.

    Korean is easier to learn than Chinese. 설이 I think you can do it if you have Korean friends. ^^;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed...(:

    I think so...though I've tried to learn Korean on my own and I really find it hard...so you're right, I should have Korean friends..^^;

    ReplyDelete