Monday, April 30, 2012

It's always there


Just thought of comparing plants to us humans in some ways that I understand...

I love plants...I love taking care of them ...Even if we only have a little space in our backyard to grow plants still I manage to grow some of them in pots....and it was so fulfilling...

When I was just a kid I tried to plant an apple seed at the back of our house coz my late Father would always tell me that whatever plant or seed you place under the ground it will surely grow...but then ofcourse he also told me that plants have certain characteristics that we should consider in order for them to survive....like how it will adapt to its climate, to its soil , to the quality of the plant itself etc....

Still I was so stubborn...I believed in what he said that whatever seed or plant you put into the soil it will surely grow...So I place an apple seed on the soil and observed it for days...Then something sprouted and I told myself that it was really a young apple tree... I told all members of my family not to cut it whatever happens but my brother told me that it isn't an apple plant...He said we can never grow apple trees in our place because of our climate...apples only grow to places with cold climate... so he cut it much to my dismay...later on I realized that he was right coz how come I've never seen any of our neighbors and our neighboring towns grow apples in their backyard...From then on I gave up in growing apples in our backyard....

Plants are like us humans in a way....No matter how we try to blend with our surroundings, to adapt to other cultures in order to understand other people still we go back to the basics....Maybe some can change their whole persona and embrace the changes in them yet we can't totally erase what's inside us ....what's inside us is permanent...it's solid....it's unbreakable...even if we deny it and claim that it's no longer in us....in my humble opinion what or who we really are will haunt us for as long as we live....

No comments:

Post a Comment